Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yum!


We've been trying to eat healthier lately, which means coming up with interesting ways to cook things like chicken, fish, and lots of veggies. Last night's dinner was one of our most successful healthy meals, in my opinion. It started with some chicken breasts coated in bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper, and ground almonds for crunch (the boys love this part). Then I added some roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes were the best. I got some multi-colored potatoes because they look pretty, but they were not nearly as tasty as the equally pretty sweet potatoes. I had some leftover sweet potatoes on my salad at lunch and it was the best part. I need to make more of these soon. They were easy, too. I just sprayed a little olive oil on them, sprinkled them with garlic salt and Italian seasoning, and put them in the oven to bake.


Notice how more than half my plate is veggies. So of course, I needed a little yummy salad dressing for flavor. This is one of my favorite Central Market finds.

It is pretty reasonable calorie-wise, if you only use a little; and notice that it is 100% natural, so that has to be healthy, right?

And here, totally unrelated to food, is a short video of Simon at swimming lessons. I'm just trying to test the quality of video from my new camera and figure out the best way to put videos on here, so even though it looks like two videos, it is the same video with two different ways of uploading.



No comments: