Saturday, February 14, 2009

Old Dogs, Peanut Butter, and Other Random Things


FYI: TMI heading your way...Getting old must suck. Really. Zeus is getting old and I'm sure it's not pleasant for him, but also not so pleasant for us. He's been sleeping most of the day, meanwhile letting a seriously rancid smell escape from his rear end. I've been laying around being lazy all day, trying to mind my own business with TV, facebook, and other time wasters, and then he ruins it with a room-clearing stink. And that isn't even the worst of it. After dinner tonight, while I was working on cleaning the kitchen, he wandered on by and dropped a poop on my foot. It's so disgusting, but I feel bad for him. I don't think he even realizes that it's happening. I just hope I don't get that old someday.


There's been a lot in the news lately about problems with peanut butter. This could be bad news for us because we love peanut butter. Perhaps it's genetic, because I remember watching my dad eat the peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon, and now I do the same. But no worries here, because Central Market sells organic peanut butter that you grind yourself at the market with organic, locally grown peanuts. It's so good. I just made myself some today and it's super yummy on day one. (I also picked up some freshly ground almond butter, which was equally good.) I contemplated eating the whole container, but I'm supposed to be watching what I eat so that I do not have to be fat for our trip to Hawaii in June. I compromised by eating a big spoonful of the PB and skipping the tortilla for my taco dinner. I know it's not really a taco without a tortilla, but it was worth it to allow myself to eat the peanut butter. (We can just pretend that I didn't eat any of the Swedish fish Simon talked me into getting or any of the chocolate chips that will never make it into a cookie, right?)

Are you as excited as I am that Amazing Race will start tomorrow? I haven't been looking forward to anything on TV lately, but AR is one of my favorites. I'd love to be on the show just to travel around the world, but I am too much of a wimp to try bungee jumping, or scaling a high rise building, or other similar tasks that the contestants are usually given to do.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Don't forget, Zeus sleeps on my side of the room. That smell, illegal in 48 of the 50 states, hits me first!

stephanie said...

Go back and read that paragraph abt Zeus w/ the Trader Joe's song in your head. That's what I did. And maybe that picture of pb... as much as I do want to try it soon... doesn't belong after the details of poor Zeus.