Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jello!

Torsten is working on a states project in his class and he chose the great state of Utah. One of the assignments is to bring in a food that represents their state. So, of course, we are making Jello. It is after all the official snack food of Utah. Our original plan was to make a cool looking rainbow jello.

But then we looked at the recipe tonight just before starting it and realized that it takes over 6 hours to make. You have to really like jello to put that kind of effort into it. I happen to have an extreme dislike of jello, so 6+ hours making something I don't even like is just not going to happen.

Instead we decided to make Utah's Famous Green Jello, which doesn't look nearly as cool but is much quicker to make. And apparently it's famous. I think that means that if you happen to show up at any given Mormon church dinner in Utah, you will find this green jello as one of your food options, and I bet it will be right along side the funeral potatoes and homemade rolls. If you want to make it, you can find the recipe here.



I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I had a little taste of it before it was all set-up and it was pretty good.

No comments: